Monday, January 4, 2016

2AM brain

Hello 2016.

A lot less of "that new year new me" bullshit going on this year. Either that or I've gotten really good at skimming through social media without even noticing those posts.

What I have been seeing, borderline-annoyingly frequently, is all the "this year i'm going to love myself" bullshit. Good job there. Your new year "resolution" is to essentially be selfish.

Because lets face it people, how do you love yourself if you don't even know who or what you are? And it takes time and effort to get to know a person, your own self included. So I see lots of "me time", a lot of "down time", basically all that "soul searching" and "deep down self reflection" stuff Gen Y loves.

It's high time I put myself first. It's high time I learn to love myself. It's high time I love myself before loving another (person).

If you ask me, it's high time someone claims royalties for being able to spin being selfish into a positive thing.


Oh the hypocrisy. Hypocrisy runs rampant, wouldn't you say? I myself am not impervious to it. I don't have a problem with hypocrisy in itself in small doses. What I do have a problem with, is hypocrites that are in denial.

I mean, if you're going to be an asshole hypocrite, at least have the balls to own up to it. (like me.) Amirite? Don't try to justify yourself, or explain why you are the exception to the rule. Just admit it and move on. No one's interested in your blabbering.






1 comment: